We all know coconut oil is one of the most beloved and versatile carrier oils available, and is becoming an increasingly popular ingredient for skin care products. But why do we love coconut oil so much? Fall in love with coconut oil all over again reading these 15 uses for this nectar of the earth:
15 Uses for Coconut Oil in Your Spa
1. Cuticle Oil — Softens cuticles while soothing hangnails. Instead of expensive cuticle oil blends, apply coconut oil after your manicures.
2. Eye Makeup Remover — Use it to remove makeup, even waterproof mascara. Rather than using chemical-laden removers on your clients, try rubbing their lashes with a bit of coconut oil!
3. Deep Conditioner – Amazing conditioning treatment. Offer your clients a pre-shampoo hair repair mask prior to their cut/style.
4. Sunscreen (SPF) — This might be hard to believe, but coconut oil has an SPF of 4-6. Due to its antioxidant and moisturizing properties, coconut oil protects the skin when exposed to UV rays. Offer your clients protection products boasting coconut oil as an ingredient.
5. Body Scrub — Take your body scrubs to the next level by whipping up personalized body scrubs – coconut oil, mixed with salt or sugar, scented with essential oils….perfect!
6. Lip balm — Hydrating on dry or cracked lips. Add the finishing touch to your facials by moisturizing your clients’ lips, too!
7. Foot/Heel softener — Apply to feet during a pedicure, wrap in plastic wrap and apply heat. Softer skin, happy client!
8. Facial Cleanser — Try going all-natural by cleansing with oil. Coconut oil is a favorite for this method.
9. Body Butter – Give your body scrub clients the perfect finishing touch by whipping coconut oil into a butter. Use complementary essential oils to perfectly scent it, too!
10. Aftershave — Men can use coconut oil on their face after shaving to soothe and calm the skin. Also, incredible on legs and the bikini area.
11. Massage Oil — Coconut Oil has a terrific glide to it. Warm some coconut oil until it is liquid and give your client the relaxing massage they have been looking forward to!
12. Elbows — Even if your clients come in for a facial, give them a (moisture) boost for their elbows, too!
13. Stretch Mark Oil — For all your clients who are mommies or mommies-to-be, keep some coconut oil on hand to apply to any stretch marks they have. Keep some more on hand to sell to them to use at home, too!
14. Fades Age Spots — Apply to clients’ age spots, and instruct them on continuing treatment at home to see the best results!
15. Hair Dye Assistance — Coconut oil makes an excellent barrier to protect the skin from dripping dye during the coloring process.
Well there you have it, some of my favorite used for this amazing Oil. What is your favorite use for it?
This Blog Post: Beautiful with Coconut Oil – 15 Uses for Coconut Oil in Your Spa! originally appeared on Blogger.