Tanning season is in full swing, so I wanted to touch on an important subject – cleaning and maintaining your spray tanning equipment! Since your equipment is essential in performing these services, it is vital to the success of your business that you keep your spray tanning equipment in tip-top shape.
|An example of tanning equipment that
has not been properly maintained –
Buildup of tanning solution on your
equipment can lead to equipment failure
- Clean gun daily. If you are spraying clients back to back, you do not need to clean the gun between
each client, but if you have time between appointments, be sure to flush your gun after each spray. Tanning solution can get caught in the gun and cause clogs or “speckly” spray tans! Spraying airbrush cleaner, followed by clean water, through the gun after your last appointment each day will keep your gun from getting buildup stuck inside.
- It is recommended that you empty all solution left in your solution jars at the end of the day. Never let them sit overnight!
- Wipe down the outside of the gun, paying special attention to the cup threads on the gun and on the cup. If solution is left on the threads, your cup may not attach properly, and could come loose during a treatment.
- Wipe down exposed parts, including the turbine/base, hoses, cords, etc. It is important that the motor is able to breathe freely, so avoid allowing overspray or dirt to build up on any part of your unit. The easiest way to keep this from happening is to wipe it down daily.
- Be sure to clean any trapped hair, dust, etc from the intake vents to prevent overheating and/or fire hazards.
|Tanning Solution buildup on plugs can be dangerous. A quick wipe-down
each evening can help prevent damage to your equipment.
- Clean filters. Locate the filter on your unit, remove, and wash with warm, soapy water. Allow to completely air dry before replacing.
- Thoroughly clean all parts of your gun, including the needle and spray nozzle. Follow the cleaning instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Periodically thoroughly rinse all solution jars under warm water in the sink.
This Blog Post: Cleaning and Maintaining Your Spray Tan Equipment to Ensure Client Satisfaction all Through Tanning Season originally appeared on Blogger.