This Blog Post: It’s Getting Hot In Here. . .Make Sure Your Business Is Protected! originally appeared on Blogger.
….Now you can grab your client’s attention too! Gold, in it its simplest form known as (Au), an element of the earth. It is also extremely valuable and commonly found adorning our bodies in the jewelry we wear due to it9s natural luster and shine that makes it so beautiful. Something you may not have known about gold is that it is also has great benefits for the skin!
- Restores the skin to a revitalized, hydrated and youthful appearance.
- Key ingredients (Y-PGA , Q10, Fibroin) facilitate metabolism to help the skin cells self-produce collagen, and fight free-radicals.
- Reduction of melanin to whiten and repair of skin cells.
- High performance moisturization and hydration.
…Now! Who doesn’t want that?!
- *TIP- The mask is an ideal treatment to offer for all the Valentine9s Gift Certificates redeemers.
This Blog Post: GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! In Our Skincare Products!….Do I Have Your Attention? originally appeared on Blogger.
Our clients are always looking for the “perfect blanket” to use on their spa bed. Some of their clients run hot, some run cold, and it is always a challenge to keep everyone happy. What is a spa to do?
The new Sposh 100% Cotton Blankets may just be the perfect option! It is a breathable cotton weave, which keeps clients who run hot a little bit cooler, but it is warm enough to keep cold clients warm!
Available in both white and tan, this blanket will match any decor! 66″ W x 90″ L – the ideal blanket size for your spa bed! Check it out today!
This Blog Post: The Perfect Spa Blanket is Here! originally appeared on Blogger.
Miss Cire‘s unique polymer-based formula delivers flawless results. Allows applying a thin layer of wax, removing effectively fine and coarse hair. Due to its low-temperature formulation, is recommended for any skin type, especially for sensitive ones, minimizing skin irritation, redness, and pain but maximizing client comfort. Extra careful selected ingredients are designed for great elasticity, easy to use, disposal after use and convenient for speed waxing.
You Blue My Mind is sold in bulk for busy waxing studios, this wax is a great value!
How to use Miss Cire Blue Film Hard Wax Beads:
Step 1: Warm your Miss Cire Blue Hard Wax Beads until it is the right consistency (heavy cream consistency is best). Be sure to test the temperature of your wax by applying a small amount to a patch of skin to avoid burns.
Step 2: Liberally apply Miss Cire9s Pre Depilatory Antiseptic Gel to clean and disinfect the area.
Step 3: ALWAYS use a clean spatula into the wax container for sanitary purposes. Apply a thin layer of wax in the direction of hair growth and leave the wax to cool for a few minutes.
Step 4: Stretch the skin and pull the wax off parallel to the skin with one single fast pull in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
Step 5: To complete treatment, gently apply Miss Cire Post Depilatory Moisturizing Emulsion or Miss Cire Post Depilatory Calming Oil and massage into skin until completely absorbed.
This Blog Post: Miss Cire…You Blue My Mind! originally appeared on Blogger.
Are you looking for a unique holiday gift to retail to your clients this year? We just got in these lovely new Yoga Goddess Statues, and I absolutely love them! I’m sure you’re familiar with the ones we currently have been selling, but these brand new statues are made of sandstone resin for a new look. There are two different poses – the lotus and meditative states! These would make great holiday gifts. If you’re looking for new spa decor, these are also perfect for creating a relaxing environment. You might want to get your order in soon – these will most likely be gone by the end of December now that the holidays are here!
This Blog Post: A Calming Holiday Retail Gift! originally appeared on Blogger.
The Most Hygienic Pedicures Just Got Even Better! The New Pedicure Packs from Voesh New York are flying off the shelves, and for good reason! With pedicure season starting, and warmer weather just around the corner (I hope!), the hottest pedicure products just got even hotter with new additions!
New from Voesh New York:
- Green Tea Pedicure in a Box 4-Step Pedicure Kit
- Lemon Quench Pedicure in a Box 4-Step Pedicure Kit
- Olive Sensation Pedicure in a Box 4-Step Pedicure Kit
- The cleanest and most hygienic Spa Pedicure solution
- Enriched with key ingredients to give feet the nutrition they need
- Each product is individually packed with the right amount for a single pedicure
- Individually sealed to lock in the freshness of product and scent
This Blog Post: The Most Hygienic Pedicures Just Got Even Better! New Pedicure Packs from Voesh New York! originally appeared on Blogger.
This Blog Post: Don’t Just Push them, Remove Them! originally appeared on Blogger.
The most popular and common esthetic treatment our clients provide is high frequency treatments. But what exactly is high frequency, what is the best way to perform these treatments, and why add these treatments to your spa menu?
|High Frequency is used to enhance circulation,
increase collagen and elastin production, and
eliminate toxins and bacteria from the skin surface.
High frequency is used to kick-start the skin rejuvenation process. It has been shown to enhance circulation, increase production of collagen and elastin, eliminate toxins and acne-causing bacteria, encourage lymphatic drainage, exfoliate dead skin cells, and assist with absorption of skin care products.
High frequency current stimulation forces an infusion of oxygen-rich molecules into the skin, which cleanses, massages, stimulates blood flow, and dilates superficial blood vessels. Because of the increased blood flow, high frequency tones the skin (similar to muscle toning). Application of high frequency current promotes a cleansing antibacterial action, and the skin is left feeling energized, rosy, firm, refreshed, and noticeably softer. The dilation of blood vessels pushes toxins away from the skin9s surface, and allows the skin cells to feast on increased nutrients and hydration.
How Does it Work?
With high frequency skin treatment, a chemical reaction causes the emission of ozone into the air. Ozone is a form of oxygen that has germicidal properties and is extremely beneficial for treating acneic skin. The more oxygen that surrounds the electrode, the more ozone is formed and the greater the effect. When the electrode is lifted away from the skin surface, more oxygen surrounds it, a more intense drying and healing action occurs. This method is called “Sparking”.
High frequency facial machines include glass electrodes which come in different shapes and sizes to treat various contours of the face and body. When applied to the surface of the skin, a mild electrical current passes through the neon or argon gas filled glass electrode causing it to emit a subtle glow. The electrodes produce varying intensities of infrared light and a pleasant, therapeutic tingling sensation which may be adjusted via a power control dial. High Frequency Electrodes produce either a neon orange or violet colored glow depending upon the inert gas that they are filled with. We have found that both colors produce equally effective results.
|High frequency units come
with a variety of electrodes.
General Instructions for Usage
1. The esthetician holds the electrode and works in circular motions for 3-5 minutes.
2. Can be used directly on dry skin or lay dry gauze over the face. (The current has a more stimulating effect when applied over a dry cloth.)
3. All treatments should be started with a mild current, and gradually increase intensity.
4. “Sparking” is a technique used on acne blemishes and lesions. Sparking is accomplished by placing layers of dry cotton gauze over the skin, creating a gap between the skin and electrode. Upon treatment, the “spark gap” releases ozone from the electrode to destroy bacteria and aid in drying pustular infections. IMPORTANT: Never create a gap of more than ¼”, as tissue destruction can occur and the skin will heal leaving brownish marks.
Basic High Frequency Step-by-Step Instructions
1. Insert the chosen glass electrode into the high frequency machine; it should just snap in to place.
2. Turn the high frequency machine down to a zero level and turn it on. Wrap the cord around your arm once to keep the cord from dragging across the client’s skin.
3. Hold the handle of the high frequency electrode in the hand that you normally work with. Place your index finger on the glass electrode. Do not remove your finger until the electrode is in contact with the client’s skin. Removing the finger too early creates an uncomfortable spark effect on the client’s skin.
4. Place the electrode on the client’s skin and remove your finger. Increase the intensity to a comfortable setting. Glide the electrode over the face in a circular motion. Maintain continual contact, not pulling away more than ¼ inch. Start with the forehead, then move to the nose, cheeks and chin.
5. Treat problem areas such as individual blemishes by “sparking” the spot with the edge of the electrode. Place your finger on the electrode, touch the electrode to the spot and remove your finger. Quickly replace your finger on the electrode, remove the electrode from the face and repeat in another area.
6. Place your finger back on the electrode and remove it from the client’s skin. Turn off the high frequency machine and sterilize the electrode.
• Gentle, non-invasive alternative to plastic surgery
• Immediate (temporary) lifting effect
• Soften and smoothes away fine lines and wrinkles
• Reduces large pores
• Effective acne treatment
• Reduces dark circles around eyes
• Stimulates healthy hair growth (comb attachment)
• Decongest puffy eyes
Further Details on Benefits
1. Acne: Sometimes the body can become immune to certain acne medications if used over an extended period of time. When combined with an effective acne treatment lotion, regular application of high frequency keeps the acne away long after other expensive medications and treatments can fail. High frequency gently cleanses the skin of acne-causing bacteria and unwanted toxins while making the skin more receptive to acne lotions, creams and other skin treatment products. The results can be extremely dramatic – even after only a few treatments!
2. Enlarged Pores: With regular use, high frequency skin care treatment can be very effective at reducing the size of enlarged pores, softening skin and controlling excess sebum production. The gentle spray of oxygen molecules produced by the high frequency current diminish enlarged pores by penetrating deep down into the root of the affected area and cleaning out unwanted debris and toxins allowing the pore to quickly regain its natural size once again.
3. Fine Lines, Wrinkles, and Sagging Skin: The oscillating action of high frequency can increase blood circulation, which in turn nourishes the skin’s surface and renews underlying cells. It also produces an enriched form of oxygen, which can provide the skin with a firm, youthful, vibrant glow. It can diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, tighten double chins and jowls and improve overall skin texture and tone by promoting increased collagen production.
4. Puffy Eyes: The pulsating “oxygenation” action produced by high frequency current aids in lymphatic drainage and disperses excess fluid while increasing blood circulation. The result is a reduction in the appearance of congested, tired, puffy eyes. High frequency also helps the skin more efficiently absorb skin care products thereby extending their effectiveness.
5. Dark Eye Circles: New scientific research has shown the cause of severe dark eye circles to be broken capillaries that have leaked hemoglobin, creating a red-blue pigment deposit under the eyes. High frequency creates a circulation rush in the area and helps your current under eye product penetrate deeper into the skin tissue. The application of high frequency can be very effective at fading dark under eye circles resulting in a fresher, brighter, more youthful looking appearance.
6. Cellulite: With regular use, high frequency treatment can be very effective at reducing the appearance of cellulite when used in conjunction with a quality cellulite product. For years, the skin care industry has relied on this same high frequency, oxygen molecule producing technology to aid in lymphatic drainage, gently exfoliate the skin, increase blood circulation, assist in the production of collagen and elastin and promote healthy cell metabolism. The result: smoother, firmer, more refined skin.
7. Thinning Hair: Through its rapid oscillation, high frequency current improves the process of nourishment, gently exfoliates the skin, promotes local blood circulation, stimulates local glandular activity, supplies heat to the area which is soothing to the nervous system and significantly improves the scalp’s receptiveness to and the overall effectiveness of post-treatment hair growth formulas. For many years, hairdressers have used high frequency current technology to revitalize scalp conditions which can aid in promoting healthier hair growth.
1. Avoid using AHA or Glycolic Acid products with high frequency machines.
2. Avoid contact with broken capillaries, spider veins and areas of rosacea.
3. Do not use high frequency during pregnancy (although there is NO clear evidence stating side effects).
4. Do not use if your client has a pacemaker, heart disease history, or epilepsy.
5. Avoid wearing metal jewelry while using high frequency. Avoid use on clients with braces.
6. Never operate a high frequency machine with a broken bulb.
7. Do not use outdoors, near water or around combustible substances.
This Blog Post: More Popular Esthetic Treatments Explained: High Frequency originally appeared on Blogger.
I am so very excited – Pure Spa Direct is now offering my favorite new hair product, and I can’t stop playing with it!
This Blog Post: What a Smashing Idea – ColorSmash Temporary Hair Color! originally appeared on Blogger.