First, you want to make sure the skin is clean. When a client comes in with oil, sweat, and bacteria on their skin, without proper sanitation, the client can easily break out after waxing and the end result will not be as successful. Preparation is simple. A great product to use would be the Cirepil Blue Lotion. This lotion has excellent cleansing properties due to its low alcohol content (9%), and it leaves the skin with a pleasant, comfortable feeling. After cleansing the skin, the Cirepil Pre-Depilatory Oil is a great product to use, as it will condition the skin and create a protective barrier to ensure wax adheres to the hair and not the skin.
Another great item to use during the prepping stage would be the Relax & Wax NO Scream Cream. Your clients will want to apply this cream 30-45 minutes prior to the waxing service, making NO Scream Cream the perfect retail item to sell to all of your regular waxing clients! The No Scream Cream eases the discomfort of waxing as much as 50-90% and will not interfere with standard wax formulas.
- Cirépil® Blue Lotion
- Cirépil® Pre-Depilatory Oil
- RELAX & WAX No Scream Cream / 1 oz.
- Pre-Wax Lotion – Cleanses Before Waxing / 500 mL. / 16.8 oz. by Mancine Professional
- EPILLYSS Pre-Depilatory Lotion
- Pre-Wax Spray / 4 oz. with Tea Tree Oil by Amber Products
- SATIN SMOOTH Satin Cleanse Skin Preparation Cleanser / 16 oz.
Now you’re ready to wax! Once you have performed the waxing service, don’t forget about post wax care! This is very important for your clients’ overall comfort after the service, as well as for the best results. A product I highly recommend is the Mancine Ingrown(zone) Triple Action Post Depilatory Lotion. This lotion leaves the skin feeling refreshed and moisturized, prevent ingrown hairs, and will actually slow and soften future hair growth so waxing becomes easier and more comfortable. Also, for your clients who are prone to ingrown hairs, the Mancine Ingrown(zone) Cream works wonders as a spot treatment!
- Cirepil Post Depilation Refreshing Gel
- Plumb Calm – After Waxing Treatment
- Ingrown(zone) Triple Action Post Depilatory Lotion – Pump / 250 mL / 8.4 oz. by Mancine Professional
- Cirépil® Perron Rigot® After Wax Cooling Gel
- Cirépil® Perron Rigot® Moisturizing Lotion – Post-Depilatory
- After Wax Quench / by Amber Products
It is also very important to educate your clients about what to AVOID for the next 24 hours after the waxing service:
Avoid for 24 hours after waxing service:
- Sun/Tanning Beds
- Makeup, if face is waxed
- Swimming – Chlorinated Water (pool water) and Salt Water
- Hot Water, Saunas
- Deodorant with Aluminum
- Salt Glow or stimulating body or facial treatments
- Tight Clothing for legs/bikini (No Pantyhose) for 48 hours
Also, recommend that the client exfoliate (starting 2 days after service) to help avoid ingrown hairs. A really great exfoliating product is the Desert Mineral Detox Body Scrub – Anti-Cellulite Formula by Extended Vacation. Many of our clients also like to retail Exfoliating Massage Gloves or Loofahs to their clients to help minimize ingrown hairs!
Happy Waxing! =)
This Blog Post: Dare To Be Bare! – Skin Care Tips for Your Best Waxing Results originally appeared on Blogger.